Content curation is a beneficial marketing technique in which marketers deliver value to consumers by curating relevant content that feeds the audience with significant insights that address their problems. In simple words, what is content curation? It is the process of finding, collecting, organizing, and presenting content to highlight the brand’s value and expertise while catering to the target audience.
Let us understand the best ways to use content curation tools, the fundamental difference between content curation and content creation, its benefits, and the best practices that content curators must use to enhance and develop the strategy that provides fruitful business to the brand.
Table of Contents
What Is Content Curation?
As explained above, it is the practice of gathering helpful information from various sources and putting it online to share with your audience, known as “content curation.” A content curator’s job is to research and collect resources that readers in a specific niche find exciting and valuable.
The collection of resources comes from various sources to take inspiration from and curate content. The following are some of the content curation tools to find reliable information:
- News feed
- Social media sites
- Google trends, alerts, and news
- Crowdfunding sources
- Email newsletter
- Company’s PR team
These are some examples of content curation resources and sites a curator uses. Saving time and avoiding burnout from constantly producing fresh, unique content are two significant benefits of gathering content from other sources. In content curation, you seek and share information from other reputable sites that cover subjects of interest to your audience. But at the same time, sharing a post from another source does not constitute content curation; it requires time and effort to ensure you share relevant and engaging content with your audience.
One of the most essential points to remember is to give credit for the original content on your posts to avoid any legal charges. Additionally, it is also crucial for you as a brand to come across as ethical and trustworthy. Therefore, giving credit or adding links to the original content source will avoid plagiarism.
How Does Content Curation Work?
To curate content meaning, the curator must follow basic guidelines that will help them eliminate the tsunami of information that is available online. For a newbie, distinguishing between reliable and untrustworthy sources is of utmost importance. This is how content curation works:
- Learn how to develop and acquire information from reliable sources by identifying them. Determine what makes unique content popular by using content curation tools.
- Assembling information and arranging it to fit your brand’s identity. Enhance the usefulness of the data gathered. For example, add necessary information to the curated text to rank on the SERP.
- Setting up a schedule for your prepared content utilizing the various social media tools. Ensure to give credit to the source to avoid plagiarism. Mention the newspaper, blogger, or journalist you got the information from. Relationship building and trustworthiness are two more marketing objectives served by tagging the source.
Primary Difference Between Content Curation vs. Creation
Content production is the process of developing and promoting original content. Whether your content includes videos, blogs, podcasts, or anything else is up to you.
Instead of creating your own unique information, you may “curate” the information of other sources and brands. This saves time and effort. Also, it is the perfect way to present relevant quality information to your audience with your brand’s perspective.
Now, let us explore some of the benefits of curating content that will help keep the followers engaged.
Benefits Of Curating Content
Let us examine the advantages of content curation:
Time is saved when you curate content. With time and money saved, you won’t always need specialists like designers and writers to write it. Maintaining a consistent online presence with curated content saves time and money compared to creating unique content.
Allows To Be Efficient
Content curation is done with just a few mouse clicks. Once you are a pro, you will spend less time putting together original content with minimal effort. Editing curated content, such as by adding remarks, replacing a picture, or rearranging the structure, still takes less time than creating new content from scratch for your business.
Engagement With Other Brands
You tag, link, and mention other resources so that it helps you get more followers and build relationships with other brands. A positive internet reputation may be fostered by actively seeking opportunities to interact with other companies.
Add Value To Your Business
Inculcating a habit of including links in your posts encourages readers to explore both your original and curated content.
When linking becomes standard practice in your field, you might inspire other businesses to promote your content on their websites.
Best Practices For Content Curation
You don’t need the same concentration level as Neil Armstrong to curate information successfully, but you will benefit from having a plan nevertheless. When you share something, keep these five things in mind.
- Employing various content formats: Share images, videos, eBooks, blogs, and infographics.
- Browse an array of sources: Don’t just repost something from one site; do extensive research to identify credible sources.
- Participate by giving your opinion: Share your thoughts on familiar topics and express your own perspective.
- Use appropriate tools: Having the proper content curation tools will make it much simpler for your team members to share the relevant pieces of curated content on social media.
- Monitoring: Monitoring your performance can help you share the most relevant content with your audience.
If you want to keep your audience interested and engaged, curating content is a great way to do both. Thanks to this post, you now have the tools to find and spread information that will interest your target audience. Lastly, always keep quality and applicability in mind while curating content.